06/08/2015 - 06/11/2015
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Backflow Consulting & Training
JUNE 8 – 11, 2015
Monday thru Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
ADDITIONAL EXAM FEE IF YOU CHOOSE TO TAKE THE ABPA SPECIALIST EXAM. CURRENTLY $75.00
This workshop will provide the student with the information necessary to conduct a though water hazard survey necessary to comply with the revised regulations. Students will conduct several field surveys at various types of facilities. Students will learn blueprint reading and interpretation. Various types of backflow prevention, their application and limitations will be discussed. Water hydraulics and the causes of backflow will be reviewed. The workshop will discuss test procedures and proper test report results. Students will learn Federal, State and Local Rules, Regulations & policies and the public relations needed for a successful Cross Connection Control Program.
This workshop is designed for Water District supervisors and employees managing a Cross Connection Control Program.
The class covers:
- Program development and management
- Regulations & responsibilities
- Water hydraulics
- Types and limitations of various backflow prevention
- Blueprint reading & interpretation
- Public relation
- Water hazard surveys
Following the class, students may elect to take the ABPA Specialist Certification Examination.
Qualification necessary to take the ABPA Specialist Exam:
- Option 1: A & B
- Option 2: A & C
- Option 3: D
- Current ABPA Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester Certification.
- Training: Have taken or are enrolled in a Cross Connection Control Specialist training course.
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years’ experience which qualifies you for certification.
- Experience: Minimum of five (5) years’ documented experience performing Cross Connection Control Specialist duties (asper the ABPA Cross Connection Control Specialist Need to Know Criteria) which qualifies you for certification.
Registrations are closed for this event.