12/14/2020 - 12/15/2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Backflow Consulting & Training
STATEMENT OF PREREQUISITES: Must hold a valid ASSE backflow prevention assembly tester certificate. Must submit current ASSE number with registration and provide copy of certification if requested.
ATTENDANCE: Attendance is required and roll will be taken at each session. There will be a strong correlation between course attendance and success passing the ASSE administered examination. Each student is responsible for the materials provided during lecture. It is each student’s responsibility alone to acquire lecture notes; handouts and exercise for missed courses.
GENERAL OBJECTIVES: To provide the student with a working fundamental understanding of the ASSE test procedures, knowledge of regulations, the causes and prevention of backflow, and basic valve troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of each of the ASSE 5000 Series test procedures used to test the following valves: Reduced Pressure Type, Double Check Type, Pressure Vacuum Breaker, Spill-Resistant Vacuum Breaker, Reduced Pressure Type Detector Assembly and Double Check Type Detector Assembly
- Successfully test the following valves utilizing the appropriate ASSE 5000 Series test procedures: Reduced Pressure Type, Double Check Type, Pressure Vacuum Breaker and Spill-Resistant Vacuum Breaker
- Understand the various safety issues related to testing backflow prevention assemblies
- Explain the theory of the causes of backpressure and backsiphonage
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local Regulations that affect Cross-Connection Control
Course lectures and Laboratory instruction
- Passing the ASSE written exam with a 70% or better.
- Passing the ASSE Practical exam for the PVB, SVB, DC and RPZ
- Cross-Connection Control Workbook – provided during course
- A.S.S.E. Series 5000 test procedures – digital download at ASSE
- A.S.S.E. Guide to Cross-Connection Protection Devices and Assemblies – digital download at ASSE
Must hold a valid ASSE backflow prevention assembly tester certificate. Must submit current ASSE number with registration and provide copy of certification if requested.
Registration and payment must be received 2 weeks prior to course start date. Failure to submit payment within 2 weeks of start of course will result in forfeiture of seat in course. No refunds within 2 weeks of course start date.
Course Fee: $450.00 (includes initial exam fee)*
*If a retest is necessary, applicant is responsible for any additional test fees.
Courses are limited to 8 students and course if filled on a first come first served basis.
Students must sign and follow the classroom and exam COVID-19 policies.
Course Cancellation – If minimum enrollment is not met, then Backflow Consulting and Training reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course.
Registrations are closed for this event.