04/26/2021 - 04/30/2021
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Backflow Consulting & Training
For the health and safety of our staff and students, we are following all requirements from the CDC, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and Tri-County Health. As these regulations are constantly changing, please note the documentation sent as your course date approaches. As always, if the student is feeling ill, we require that they stay home and not attend class. Thanks in advance for you cooperation and understanding.
Course Fee: $900.00 (includes initial exam fee*)
The course is for preparation for the ASSE tester certification.
STATEMENT OF PREREQUISITES:
5 Years plumbing experience or in a water related industry
Attendance is required and roll will be taken at each session. There will be a strong correlation between course attendance and success passing the ASSE administered examination. Each student is responsible for the materials provided during lecture.
It is each student’s responsibility alone to acquire lecture notes; handouts and exercise for missed courses. Excused absences must be cleared with the course instructor so arrangements can be made.
Study outside of class is highly recommended
- Knowledge of each of the test procedures used to test the following valves: Reduced Pressure Type, Double Check Type, Pressure Vacuum Breaker, Spill-Resistant Vacuum Breaker, Reduced Pressure Type Detector Assembly and Double Check Type Detector Assembly
- Successfully test the following valves utilizing the USC testing methodology: Reduced Pressure Type, Double Check Type, Pressure Vacuum Breaker and Spill-Resistant Vacuum Breaker
- Understand the various safety issues related to testing backflow prevention assemblies
- Explain the theory of the causes of backpressure and backsiphonage
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local Regulations that affect Cross-Connection Control
Course lectures and Laboratory instruction
- Passing the ASSE written exam with a 70% or better.
- Passing the ASSE Practical exam for the PVB, SVB, DC and RPZ
- Cross-Connection Control Workbook – provided during course
- USC 10th Edition Manual – provided during course
- A.S.S.E. Series 5000 test procedures – digital download at ASSE
- A.S.S.E. Guide to Cross-Connection Protection Devices and Assemblies – digital download at ASSE
Per ASSE Guidelines for Cross-Connection Control Certification:
Certification to Standard 5110 for Backflow Prevention Assembly Testers is available only to individuals who have a minimum of five (5) years experience in the installation or service of plumbing, mechanical, fire sprinkler, lawn irrigation or a related industry field using potable water. Certification shall consist of a minimum of forty (40) hours of instruction and exams.
Registration and payment must be received 2 weeks prior to course start date. No cancellations or refunds within 2 weeks of course start date.
- STUDENT MUST BE SPONSORED BY A COMPANY/EMPLOYER. OUR CLASSES ARE OFFERED ONLY BUSINESS TO BUSINESS.
- SEAT IS HELD ONLY WITH PAYMENT.
- NO REFUNDS ISSUED WITHIN TWO (2) WEEKS OF CLASS START DATE.
- THE CLASS IS FILLED ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS.
- TOTAL CLASS SIZE IS LIMITED TO 9 STUDENTS
Course Cancellation – If minimum enrollment is not met, we reserve the right to cancel or reschedule the course.
*If a retest is necessary, applicant is responsible for any additional test fees
This class is fully booked.