09/30/2019 - 10/04/2019
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Backflow Consulting & Training
The course is for preparation for the ASSE tester certification. The course will provide a basic understanding of backflow prevention and cover the ASSE five valve testing methodology for the Pressure Vacuum Breaker, Spill-Resistant Vacuum Breaker, Double Check Valve and Reduced Pressure Assembly.
STATEMENT OF PREREQUISITES:
5 Years plumbing experience or in a water related industry
Attendance is required and roll will be taken at each session. There will be a strong correlation between course attendance and success passing the ASSE administered examination. Each student is responsible for the materials provided during lecture.
It is each student’s responsibility alone to acquire lecture notes; handouts and exercise for missed courses. Excused absences must be cleared with the course instructor so arrangements can be made.
- Knowledge of each of the ASSE 5000 Series test procedures used to test the following valves: Reduced Pressure Type, Double Check Type, Pressure Vacuum Breaker, Spill-Resistant Vacuum Breaker, Reduced Pressure Type Detector Assembly and Double Check Type Detector Assembly
- Successfully test the following valves utilizing the appropriate ASSE 5000 Series test procedures: Reduced Pressure Type, Double Check Type, Pressure Vacuum Breaker and Spill-Resistant Vacuum Breaker
- Understand the various safety issues related to testing backflow prevention assemblies
- Explain the theory of the causes of backpressure and backsiphonage
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local Regulations that affect Cross-Connection Control
Course lectures and Laboratory instruction
- Passing the ASSE written exam with a 70% or better.
- Passing the ASSE Practical exam for the PVB, SVB, DC and RPZ
- Cross-Connection Control Workbook – provided during course
- A.S.S.E. Series 5000 test procedures – digital download at ASSE
- A.S.S.E. Guide to Cross-Connection Protection Devices and Assemblies – digital download at ASSE
Per ASSE Guidelines for Cross-Connection Control Certification:
Certification to Standard 5110 for Backflow Prevention Assembly Testers is available only to individuals who have a minimum of five (5) years experience in the installation or service of plumbing, mechanical, fire sprinkler, lawn irrigation or a related industry field using potable water. Certification shall consist of a minimum of forty (40) hours of instruction and exams.
Registration and payment must be received 2 weeks prior to course start date. No cancellations or refunds within 2 weeks of course start date.
Course Fee: $800.00 (includes initial exam fee)*
*If a retest is necessary, applicant is responsible for any additional test fees.
Courses are limited to 20 students, and are filled on a first come first served basis.
Course Cancellation – If minimum enrollment is not met, we reserve the right to cancel or reschedule the course.
Registrations are closed for this event.